The council has five committees, Administration, Finance and Staffing, Allotments, Recreation and Amenities, and Markets. Each committee normally meets twice each fiscal year. All councillors are members on each of the committees.
Agendas and minutes for each of the committees can be found by clicking on the agendas and minutes box at the bottom of each committee.
The council has reorganised the Recreational and Amenities Committee and has created a new committee to manage the services that the Town Council provides such as lighting and cemeteries and it will be known as the Services Committee.
All past agendas and minutes will remain under the original committee name, and all future agendas and minutes will appear under the new committee name.
The purpose of committee is to:
To arrange an inspection and review of Council policies audit and employee contracts and make a formal report to the Town Council with any recommendations.
- advise and make recommendations to the Town Council on any matters affecting the Administration Finance and Staffing.
- recommend to the Town Council appropriate budget provisions for the current and coming financial years for items within the committee’s remit.
- exercise the powers delegated to the committee on behalf of the Town Council as set out below.
- approve or comment upon actions taken and reported by the Clerk to the Council on matters under this Committee.
- work with the Internal and External Auditors, Employees and the Clerk to the Council to provide a Council operating in compliance with the current regulations.
There are two allotment sites in Settle which are managed and controlled by the council, Cammock Lane and Dog Meadow.
The purpose of the committee is to:
- formulate of any policy or strategy in relation to the discharge of the allotments function.
- to provide or appoint resources necessary to discharge the property and allotment functions.
- discharge all other aspects of the allotments function in accordance with relevant legislation, any policy or strategy relating to the function approved by the Council, and within the budget provision made by the Council.
The Purpose of Committee is to:
- Carry out the annual Market Inspection and make a formal report to the Town Council with any recommendations in agreement with the Market Superintendent
- advise and make recommendations to the Town Council on any matters affecting the Markets. To recommend to the Town Council appropriate budget provisions for the current and coming financial years for items within the committee’s remit.
- To exercise the powers delegated to the committee on behalf of the Town Council as set out below.
- To approve or comment upon actions taken and reported by the Market Superintendent /Clerk to the Council on Market matters.
- To work with the Market Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent and the Clerk to the Council to provide a well managed and cost effective Market.
- To work with the Market Traders and hold an Annual Traders meeting in March of each year alongside regular consultation (no less than 3 times a year).
- Market Superintendent to report where Traders contracts or market rules are not being observed and follow procedure for non compliance.