Feasibility Study & Design for the Development of Castlebergh Crag
Castlebergh Crag is the largest outcrop of limestone in Britain. A zigzag footpath leads to the summit of Castlebergh Crag, which offers a great view point over the town of Settle.
Settle Town Council is inviting bids to prepare feasible design proposals for the development of Castlebergh Crag, inspired by the principles of “outdoor education, art and activities”.
The council is looking for proposals to:
- Encourage greater use of the site by local people and visitors;
- Provide a space so that it can be used and enjoyed by everyone – regardless of age, gender or disability.
- Use the natural and woodland environment to provide exciting and challenging opportunities for children and young people to learn and explore;
- Celebrate the heritage and uniqueness of the site;
- Provision of a multi-functional green space that is spatially adaptable and able to host a diverse range of activities, from passive and active recreation, events and performances while still retaining a sense of place;
- Make best possible use of existing site assets including trees, topography
- Be maintainable with the minimum of cost;
- Connect the site with the town centre and other key relevant locations i.e. The Folly
Who may bid?
Any company or individual who are qualified and experienced landscape architects and can demonstrate that they have:
- Experience in producing feasibility studies and proposals for landscape projects.
- Previous experience working with agencies / organisations in producing landscape designs.
- Sufficient technical, financial, human and logistical capacity.
The Bidding Process
Interested bidders must prepare their bid according to the Invitation to Quote document which can be downloaded on this page. The completed bid must be submitted electronically via email to the Clerk of the Town Council firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission of bids is noon on 4th June 2018. Please ensure that the you submit your bid in good time to ensure it is delivered before the deadline.
Invitation to Quote Pack
The invitation pack is a zipped file containing all the documents listed below, but of the documents can also be individually downloaded, should there be a problem with downloading the zip file. The invitation pack contains both a Microsoft Word and a PDF file of the same document to allow tenderees to populate the document with their response. To view the documents your device must have installed a pdf reader. Adobe provides a free pdf viewer click on the icon to access the WEB site.
Full Invitation Pack (The full set of files and URL links zipped) – Download
Invitation to Quote (Microsoft Word) – Download
Invitation to Quote (pdf) – Download
Appendix 1 Plan of Castlebergh Area (pdf) – Download
Appendix 2 Transfer of Land Plan (URL Link) – Click here to open
Appendix 3 Plan of Climbs (URL Link) – Click here to open
Appendix 4 Woodland Management Plan (pdf) – Download
Appendix 5 Settle Conversation Area Appraisal (pdf) – Download
Terms and Conditions (pdf) – Download
Supplier Agreement (pdf) – Download